Regional Urology

★☆☆☆☆
  • 255 W Bert Kouns Industrial Loop

    Shreveport, LA 71106

    Map & Directions
  • 318-683-0411

About Regional Urology

Hours
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 5pm;Sat. - Sun. CLOSED

Health & Medical

Health & Medical
More choices in Shreveport:
Resultset_next

Norwood Bariatric Clinic

2751 Albert L Bicknell Dr Shreveport, LA

Resultset_next

Foot Surgery Ctr Of Shreveport

9308 Mansfield Rd Shreveport, LA

1.3333 3
Hi! Sign in to let us know how Regional Urology was?
Write a Review
.

I went to Regional Urology for my son's kidney problem and he needs surgery. His father is in Afghanistan and I went up there to let the doctor know that I was sending a red cross message so I can get his father home for the surgery. I walked up to the front desk and stood there for 10 minutes before they even said a word. The receptionist then told me to sit down and fill the clip board out. I stopped her and said I need to speak to the doctor or nurse about sending a red cross message for my sons surgery. She then sarcastically replied saying oh I hope his surgery isn't tomorrow. I looked at her stupid. Then she told me to fill a paper out and the nurse will call. Its been a day now. They really don't care and the chance of my husband getting home is slim. The doctors are great but the front desk is terrible.

1
★☆☆☆☆

I went to Regional Urology for my son's kidney problem and he needs surgery. His father is in Afghanistan and I went up there to let the doctor know that I was sending a red cross message so I can get his father home for the surgery. I walked up to the front desk and stood there for 10 minutes before they even said a word. The receptionist then told me to sit down and fill the clip board out. I stopped her and said I need to speak to the doctor or nurse about sending a red cross message for my sons surgery. She then sarcastically replied saying oh I hope his surgery isn't tomorrow. I looked at her stupid. Then she told me to fill a paper out and the nurse will call. Its been a day now. They really don't care and the chance of my husband getting home is slim. The doctors are great but the front desk is terrible.

Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_icons Ratings_icons

.

I visited regional Urology at the request of my doctor to get consultation on a problem my personal doctor thought I was having. All tests and UltraSound results were sent for Dr. Stage to look at. While the doctor was very pleasant and seemed genuinly concerned, I was told I had a serious problem and they needed to do a CT Scan to verify.
I was told that I had not reached my deductible on my insurance and would have to pay the balance needed to meet the deductible up front and they would then bill the insurance for the 90 percent they would cover, then they would bill me for the remaining 10 percent. Since I had just paid $875.00 to have the UltraSound and I was not having any pain or discomfort I opted to delay the test until I could talk with my regular doctors. I was then met by who I can only assume was the billing manager just outside the exam room and was escorted to the front desk and told that I had to pay for the doctors visit "NOW". I asked if it could be billed and you would think I had just told her this is a robbery. In a very condecending tone she said, and I quote "YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING TO JUST COME SEE A DOCTOR AND NOT HAVE TO PAY. THINK AGAIN YOU HAVE TO PAY THIS RIGHT NOW'. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the whole reason for having insurance was to bill them first and then bill you for the remainder, that is what all my other doctors do. I was insulted, I have never stiffed anyone on a bill, I paid the bill and left vowing that I will never go back to Regional Urology again. In my opinion, they are only concerned with making the money, Not with helping the patient.

1
★☆☆☆☆

I visited regional Urology at the request of my doctor to get consultation on a problem my personal doctor thought I was having. All tests and UltraSound results were sent for Dr. Stage to look at. While the doctor was very pleasant and seemed genuinly concerned, I was told I had a serious problem and they needed to do a CT Scan to verify.
I was told that I had not reached my deductible on my insurance and would have to pay the balance needed to meet the deductible up front and they would then bill the insurance for the 90 percent they would cover, then they would bill me for the remaining 10 percent. Since I had just paid $875.00 to have the UltraSound and I was not having any pain or discomfort I opted to delay the test until I could talk with my regular doctors. I was then met by who I can only assume was the billing manager just outside the exam room and was escorted to the front desk and told that I had to pay for the doctors visit "NOW". I asked if it could be billed and you would think I had just told her this is a robbery. In a very condecending tone she said, and I quote "YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING TO JUST COME SEE A DOCTOR AND NOT HAVE TO PAY. THINK AGAIN YOU HAVE TO PAY THIS RIGHT NOW'. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the whole reason for having insurance was to bill them first and then bill you for the remainder, that is what all my other doctors do. I was insulted, I have never stiffed anyone on a bill, I paid the bill and left vowing that I will never go back to Regional Urology again. In my opinion, they are only concerned with making the money, Not with helping the patient.

Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_icons Ratings_icons

.

We were referred to the Regional Urology center by our pediatrian for our week old son. He had gotten an infection from his circumcision. We were glad they were able to get us in so quickly that same day. But we were in the waiting room for over 2 hours. The nurse that called us back wasn't very nice and didn't even greet us. The doctor, on the other hand was very pleasant and informed us of what to do.
When we went back for our follow up the wait was just as long, if not longer than the first time. We were called back the doctor walked in asked us how it looked and that was it. I was very disappointed that he didn't see for himself. I would ask my pediatrician to refer us to another urology clinic if we ever need this kind of specialist again.

2
★★☆☆☆

We were referred to the Regional Urology center by our pediatrian for our week old son. He had gotten an infection from his circumcision. We were glad they were able to get us in so quickly that same day. But we were in the waiting room for over 2 hours. The nurse that called us back wasn't very nice and didn't even greet us. The doctor, on the other hand was very pleasant and informed us of what to do.
When we went back for our follow up the wait was just as long, if not longer than the first time. We were called back the doctor walked in asked us how it looked and that was it. I was very disappointed that he didn't see for himself. I would ask my pediatrician to refer us to another urology clinic if we ever need this kind of specialist again.

Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_icons Ratings_icons

 

Wait, you're the expert.

If you've been to or used Regional Urology, leave a review.

It's easy, only takes a couple of minutes and you'll help thousands make an informed decision.



Write a Review