Message from University Of Chicago Admissions-Undergraduate
At University of Chicago, you are more than your GPA or test score.
The Office of College Admissions reviews each application on a holistic basis - a complicated name for a very simple concept. The admissions committee considers a candidate's entire application-academic and extracurricular records, essays, letters of recommendation, and SAT or ACT scores - in order to gain a comprehensive understanding of a student's qualifications and potential. So take this opportunity to reflect on your strengths, your weaknesses, where you have been, and where you want to go. A holistic reading process should empower you to be yourself!
What does this mean for you?
- There is no minimum GPA or test score
- No course load is mandatory, but a standard college prep program is recommended
- Every high school is different. Regional counselors with specific knowledge of their territory read all applications first
- Applications are reviewed multiple times and presented to an admissions committee
- There is not one quality that can determine the strength of an application
We look for bright students with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and passion for learning. Show us how you maximized your high school experience and pursued opportunities to develop unique talents.
We want you to thrive at Chicago. Tell us who you are-in your own voice-not what you think we want to hear.
Our Academic Programs Prepare You For...
Wait, you're the expert.
If you've been to or used
University Of Chicago Admissions-Undergraduate, leave a review.
It's easy, only takes a couple of minutes and you'll help thousands make an informed decision.