Mt Olive Baptist Church

★★★★☆

About Mt Olive Baptist Church

Religion

Religion
More choices in Stockton:
Resultset_next

Mt Nebo Baptist Church

62060 Saint Luke Church Rd Stockton, AL

Resultset_next

Hand Avenue Baptist Church

2001 Hand Ave Bay Minette, AL

4.0 1
Hi! Sign in to let us know how Mt Olive Baptist Church was?
Write a Review
.

Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church was May 19, 1951, and was Incorporated April 20, 1953.


The name of the church was to be: Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church for the Deaf and for the Hearing.


The organization service was held in the A.F.L labor hall located at 130 East Lafayette Street, Stockton, California. Which is now a historical site.


The ordained help that had been invited got together and formed a council of which they elected Bro. W.S. Goulding as clerk. Along with these, Allen Tabor led the dedication prayer, George Walton read the church covenant, G.A. (Sonny) Williams read the articles of faith, and the sermon and charge to the church was brought by H.C. Redmond.

Charter Members were as follows:


From Woodbridge Church: Bro. Edgar Albritton, Goldie Albritton, Sis. Georgia Denny,

Sis. Geneva Albritton, Bro. Kenneth Morgan,

Sis. Wanda Morgan, Bro. Glen Moen, Sis. Beulah Moen,


From Eastside Church: Bro. Otis Ghan, Sis. Jewel Ghan, Bro. Laverne Ghan,

Bro. Eugene Ghan, Bro. Ronald Ghan,


From South Sacramento: Sis. Nellie Bass.


The letters of recommendation were read and found to be in order.


Jim Albritton was elected as the Missionary Pastor and Goldie Albritton was elected as the church clerk.


The church met in a building across from the fairgrounds until they had erected a permanent meeting place.


They purchased the lot here June 20, 1952 and proceeded to build as the funds would allow without incurring indebtedness.


They began to purchase materials for construction in October and by spring of 1953 were meeting in the present location.


In summer of 1961 the materials were purchased for the construction of the present kitchen and classrooms and before the year was out they were using the new facility.


Over the next few years there was some real estate transactions that allowed them to acquire the property that allowed them to put up the parsonage in 1969. They also managed to acquire some lots for more suitable parking

4
★★★★☆

Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church was May 19, 1951, and was Incorporated April 20, 1953.


The name of the church was to be: Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church for the Deaf and for the Hearing.


The organization service was held in the A.F.L labor hall located at 130 East Lafayette Street, Stockton, California. Which is now a historical site.


The ordained help that had been invited got together and formed a council of which they elected Bro. W.S. Goulding as clerk. Along with these, Allen Tabor led the dedication prayer, George Walton read the church covenant, G.A. (Sonny) Williams read the articles of faith, and the sermon and charge to the church was brought by H.C. Redmond.

Charter Members were as follows:


From Woodbridge Church: Bro. Edgar Albritton, Goldie Albritton, Sis. Georgia Denny,

Sis. Geneva Albritton, Bro. Kenneth Morgan,

Sis. Wanda Morgan, Bro. Glen Moen, Sis. Beulah Moen,


From Eastside Church: Bro. Otis Ghan, Sis. Jewel Ghan, Bro. Laverne Ghan,

Bro. Eugene Ghan, Bro. Ronald Ghan,


From South Sacramento: Sis. Nellie Bass.


The letters of recommendation were read and found to be in order.


Jim Albritton was elected as the Missionary Pastor and Goldie Albritton was elected as the church clerk.


The church met in a building across from the fairgrounds until they had erected a permanent meeting place.


They purchased the lot here June 20, 1952 and proceeded to build as the funds would allow without incurring indebtedness.


They began to purchase materials for construction in October and by spring of 1953 were meeting in the present location.


In summer of 1961 the materials were purchased for the construction of the present kitchen and classrooms and before the year was out they were using the new facility.


Over the next few years there was some real estate transactions that allowed them to acquire the property that allowed them to put up the parsonage in 1969. They also managed to acquire some lots for more suitable parking

Was this review helpful to you?
Ratings_icons Ratings_icons

 

Wait, you're the expert.

If you've been to or used Mt Olive Baptist Church, leave a review.

It's easy, only takes a couple of minutes and you'll help thousands make an informed decision.



Write a Review