Saint Clairsville, OH
I would not recommend Doctors Urgent Care to anyone! I will not return my family or myself for services again. This first time visit was one to many! We waited over an hour before being seen. My daughter had an object wedged in her ear and was hurting her. The receptionist was not sure if UC had the correct tools to do the job and the doctor said he would take a look. My $45.00 co pay was collected prior to service. The doctor tried glue on a q-tipp to try and remove what we found out was a small watch battery. Needless to say the three attempts were unsuccessful which resulted in glue in her ear as well as the battery now. We were then sent to a specialist at a hosiptal. The specialist was surprised that glue was used. The specialist also stated that if the battery wouldve gotten wet it could have leaked acid and hearing would be lost in that one ear. None of this was explained by UC. UC was able to see that it was a battery and did not warn us of possible results. The removal was successful by the specialist. There is still glue in her ear that will hopefully work its way out and not create problems. I contacted the office manager at UC and explained my concerns that UC should have sent us to a specialist from the beginning and not tried glue due to her having the glue still in her ear ----they were very much unsupported of my claims. I feel for this poor service they should not be paid by the insurance provider or my co pay. Half of my afternoon was wasted in their office when we shouldve been sent to a specialist. Even the receptionist knew this and shes not even a doctor.