With Andersen Windows not ever keeping a single appointment, we agreed to get new windows with Vinyl Masters. Our house isn't large but we wanted 16 windows and a door. At the time the price was good and we agreed to have them do the work. They told us when the time came, it would be a two day job and they did the work on a Friday and Saturday. That is the only positive to come out of this review and that is what got them one star. Here is the bad stuff that happened.
1. Their office/paper work is lacking. We agreed to finance the payments although during the final measurements they insisted we needed to put down 50% at that time. Had to go retrieve the proof.
2. Our original paperwork had their Delta Frost (Privacy) glass for one of our bathrooms. The window was clear glass and we found out that the order was changed after the fact. They said they would replace the window and as of today it has not been done.
3. They didn't seem to care about cleanliness outside of the house. Broken glass at various places, sealant tube cap pieces everywhere along with white sealant flung all over my vegetable plants, pieces of old window trim laying around and new and old fasteners everywhere.
4. They did not start the job with all of our windows in their possession. It is two weeks after they said it was 'on the way' and still no word if we will ever get it. They said if you have any circular or odd shapes, they contract out. So be forewarned about this. They never mentioned that before the fact.
5. They failed to mention how the windows actually sit and we found out too late that they had to place them over exterior window trim. This is not a big concern except for the fact that they had to reposition the kitchen window trim. Come to find out when they moved the trim, they used very long nails and punctured the hot water line near the kitchen window. We did not find the leak until 3 days later. They were not very caring about our problem and think that the damage was limited to the bill to repair just the line. For 3 days the hot water was getting soaked up by the drywall and countless other wood items. It seems like we are a cancer to them and have an unfinished job they promised.
I know there is more wrong with this experience and will update this as things are worked out. Luckily I have hot water (although wasted gas/water that will show up in the next bill)
UPDATE #1 - Within hours of posting reviews, they called and stated that they had the arched window on hand as of last week and scheduled us for the following Monday from 8-10AM. Once again, took time out of my busy schedule to be home during those hours. At 9:45 they called and stated that they did not have the window trim and need more time. How hard is it to operate a business