DO NOT USE HOYT MASONRY!
Forget all the positive reviews - check out Yelp or BBB instead. BBB has 7 complaints against Hoyt, rates them a "C" and has revoked their accreditation.
Shame on me for not checking before committing to them. We paid a $2,000 deposit on 5/15/2019 for some chimney repair, and rebuilding a walkway. They were supposed to start the first week of June. Here's reality with Hoyt:
- 5/30 he said, "I need one more week." - Never showed up.
- 6/16 I emailed him to see what was up. - No response.
- 6/28 I emailed again, - No response.
- 7/8 I emailed and called again.
- 7/24 I got a response that he would start on 7/29 because he was having truck issues.
- 7/31 I emailed saying i expected him on 7/29, asking what's up...
- Sometime after 7/31 I phoned Sean and told him I was consulting a lawyer - he responded and said that his bad online reviews were from a tiny proportion of his customers, and that he would come do the job.
- 8/7 - Hoyt showed up, partially repaired the chimney, and partially removed the existing walkway. They left the stones cluttering the driveway, and the front entrance virtually unuseable.
- 8/12 - After I left a message Hoyt responded that, "I will be back Wednesday [8/14] with crew to complete the work. Should be done in 1-2 days." -- Never showed up.
8/14 - Hoyt says, "I can't make it till tomorrow but will finish by Friday." - One person showed up to finish the "demo" - he didn't finish it, and left to get a tool, promising to return.
8/14 - I called and was told the worker had truck issues and they were working on getting back to finish demo.
8/16 - More excuses about truck problems and says he's leaving on vcacation, but would try to finish demo. - Never showed.
8/28 - He says, "...can finish demo next week then you can lay plumbing on the 5th-6th and I can return Sept 9th to finish that Monday." - I returned from a trip on 9/5 and demo was not done.
9/6 - One person showed up to do demo, and would have left the job incomplete is we hadn't pushed him to finish demo.
9/7 - Hoyt sent message saying, "Demo is 100% complete and ready to go for heating pipe. Please let me know when your ready for me to complete the work." [I am installing snowmelt tubing]/
9/8 - I notified Hoyt that the plumbing was 100% complete and i expected him on 9/9 as per his message of 8/28.
9/9 - No show.
9/10 - Again I emailed asking when he was going to finish the project.
9/15 - Hoyt finally responded saying he would be here to finish on "Wednesday." [9/18]
9/17 - Hoyt sends email saying he can't make it on 9/18, but he will be here on 9/19.
9/29 - Another no show by Hoyt with no communication. I called - he didn't pick up, I left voicemail & email.